Sunday, January 22, 2012

Hindu Art



I´m student of Art history, I look so much pieces of art, I like so much kind of art. But I think that if really transport myself if the Hindu Art. Since I was a child I look Indian pictures and images books in my grandmother´s house. I create a lot of histories with their pieces of art. The style of art if I refer bored in the hills of the Panjab plains for the XVII and XVIII century. The “Pahari” artist illustrated the ancient histories of the Hinduism. The characteristic of the divine figures drawn was made with a large repertoire of conventions.
I love all the Hindu culture without being a scholar of the matter, because I´m fight with Latin-Americans hippie culture that appropriated of this tradition and came back a Pop icon. But, is thanks to those hippies followers of the Osho meditations, as my Grandma and my uncle, that I learned a lot of parable and Hindu histories. But in the majorities of the case, I invented the histories because the books were in English or French and I only look the pictures. They also had a little sculpture of elephants and other divines that my cousins and I used like a toys.
Now I like of the Hindu Art the vegetables design and there crammed that the Art Noveau to borrowed of the Hindu architecture and textile design. In the painting I like the flatness, the colors, the sensuality and also the taste for the animals and vegetable forms.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment